Broker Public Portal Elects First Board of Managers
ARROYO GRANDE, CA, APRIL 28, 2015 — A nationwide group of leading Multiple Listing Services (MLSs) and real estate brokerage firms supporting the creation of a national property search portal, today announced that they have elected their first board of managers. The initiative, known as the Broker Public Portal, was launched in January and includes a cross section of participants from 37 MLSs and 39 real estate brokerages representing the interests of 826,000 agents.
WAV Group Founder and project consultant, Victor Lund explained that MLSs have long provided regional consumer facing property search websites. In December of 2014, a group of likeminded MLSs and real estate brokerages met to discuss the opportunity to build a National MLS consumer facing website to fill an unmet need in the online marketplace. During the first meeting of the organizers, which was held on April 22, 2015 in Dallas, they elected their first Board of Managers who will be included in their corporate filings as a Delaware LLC.
“There is a tremendous amount of support and momentum throughout the MLS and brokerage communities to create a new choice for how and where to display their listings,” said Robert Moline, CEO of HomeServices of America. “The formation of our Board of Managers is a significant step forward in our ability to deliver on that goal through the creation of a national broker public portal.”
- Chris Heller – Keller Williams Realty
- Hoby Hanna – Howard Hanna Real Estate Services
- Joan Docktor – Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Fox & Roach
- Merle Whitehead – Realty USA
- Robert Moline – HomeServices of America
- Craig McCelland – Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate Metro Brokers
- Drayton Saunders – Michael Saunders & Company
- Richard Haase – Latter & Blum Realtors
- Christina Ishibashi Bonner – Pacific Union International
- Mitch Ribak – Tropical Realty & Investments of Brevard, Inc.
- Paul Wells – RE/MAX of Barrington
Multiple Listing Services
- Cameron Paine – Connecticut MLS
- John Mosey – NorthstarMLS
- Kirby Slunaker – REcolorado
- Rebecca Jensen – Midwest Real Estate Data (MRED)
About Broker Public Portal
The Broker Public Portal is a nationwide group of leading Multiple Listing Services (MLSs) and real estate brokerage firms supporting the creation of a national property search portal. The portal aims to deliver the most comprehensive, timely, and complete property information to consumers while adhering to the fair display guidelines that brokers expect when their content is displayed online. More information can be found at www.brokerpublicportal.com.
Phone: (206) 866-1220